Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thanking God for Unanswered Prayers...

Have you ever thanked God for unanswered prayers?  

No - I'm not crazy!! Seriously, there have been times in my life when I have been overwhelmed with gratitude that God did not answer some of my prayers...or at least not the answer I requested at the time.  Don't get me wrong - I have no doubts that God heard my prayers.  I also have no doubts that God answered my prayers - it just wasn't always the answer I had given Him ahead of time! 


But my God is soooo incredibly awesome!!  He knows me better than I know myself!!!  God's ways are not my ways and yet - His ways are always for my best!!  God is my Heavenly Father and any parent knows there are times when you have to say "No" or "Not yet" or when you can see the bigger picture and need to protect your child from what he/she can't see - it's the same with God!! As His child, it's not always easy for me at the time and many times I don't like it when I'm going through it, but oh - how thankful I am for a God that loves me more than I can even imagine!!!

So every time I hear Garth Brooks' song "Unanswered Prayers" - I can sing along because some of God's greatest gifts are indeed unanswered prayers!!  

Now I can say prayers of gratitude - 

"Thank You God for not allowing me to get back together with that boyfriend"
"Thank You God that I didn't get picked for that team" 
"Thank You God for not allowing me to get that job"
"Thank You God for not allowing us to get that house"
"Thank You God for closing that door I prayed would open"

"Thank You God - some of Your greatest gifts are indeed unanswered prayers!!"

Has God given you any of His gifts of unanswered prayers?  Have you thanked Him?


No comments:

Post a Comment