Thursday, November 3, 2011

Until...


It was two years ago today when my father's struggle with cancer, diabetes and heart disease came to an end.  As hard as it was to see my father take his final breath, there was indeed a peace that surpasses all understanding because I know I will see my Daddy again.  Not a day goes by that I don't still miss his physical presence, but the precious memories I have in my heart can never be taken away.

As I woke up this morning, these words were laid on my heart...

It seems like yesterday when I held your hand
And yet my heart still feels the pain.
So until the day I arrive in God's promised land
I'll hold onto precious memories till I see you again!

My daddy will always be my "Favorite Daddy"!!


Each of us have loved ones we long to see again....share a memory of someone you long to see again?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    I follow Ron and clicked on your post because we share a common bond - losing a Dad. Almost 4 years ago this December, my Dad passed away suddenly. Having just lost my aunt to pancreatic cancer, who is to say which is an easier loss. My Dad was the greatest love expressed in my life. My amazing therapist gave me the best advice just 3 weeks after he passed and during the season of acute grief~ find a way to say goodbye. She told me that even before I was ready to. She said that not then but later would I realize the gift it would give me in my grieving process. She was right. I wrote words similar to yours above and was surprised that the view of heaven and eternity with him were my focus. I thought having him with me would be where my heart would land. I know now that having Christ in my life guiding me to write those words was how it happened. I still grieve with tears though not as acute and frequent. This month I celebrate being able to have a picture of him at my bedside that I can finally look out with joy and not sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly-
    Thank you for sharing...I cannot even imagine what it would be like to lose a loved one like you did your Dad & I am thankful you had the help of Jesus & a Christian counselor.

    It is another one of those life experiences that God has been able to use in my life to help me live out my life verses 2 Cor 1:3-7

    ReplyDelete