Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday's Food Find - The Depot & Jeni's Ice Cream

So apparently friends know that one of the things Ron and I enjoy doing is finding new places to eat.  Our boys often tease us saying that when they get to be "our age" they too will spend their free time driving to eat....Several people have suggested that I do a blog about the different restaurants we have found, so each Friday I will share one or two of our favorite places.  

First, I am sharing my favorite restaurant in this area....The Depot Bar & Grill, 1007 S Main St, Springfield, TN.  It is hard for me to believe a town as small as Springfield has a restaurant as incredible as The Depot.  Everything on the menu is incredible and reasonably priced!!!  The appetizers, salads, sandwiches, entrees, desserts, EVERYTHING!!!  My favorite is sweet potato fries and anything!!! And now they are open for breakfast as well which is equally great! Open 7 days a week-Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner (No dinner on Sundays) www.depotbarandgrill.com

Our newest find was Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams, 1892 Eastland Ave, Nashville (East Nashville).  Our oldest son, Jeremy, took us there last week and yes - we will be returning SOON!!  Ron had read about Jeni's in a magazine, so we were excited when Jeremy told us where we were going.  The variety of flavors were unbelievable and the staff were very friendly and offered us as many samples as we wanted.  Two of Ron's choices were Salty Caramel & Strawberry Buttermilk and I had Salty Caramel, a chocolate with cayenne peppers (yes-I do like hot stuff!) and a Riesling Poached Pear Sorbet.  Jeremy had a milk chocolate, a fresh mint and another one I can't remember.  Another one I sampled and really liked was goat cheese and raspberries...Oh yeah - and they use local ingredients.  It is a little pricey, but very, very good!!

If you are going on a trip and looking for a great place to eat - if we've been there we would love to share the great places we've found!!

Gotta go - it's time to eat!!!

Be blessed!!

2 comments:

  1. Yummm, I love The Depot.. what a great place to go! Wish we had something like that here!!
    have a great weekend, see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julieann-Totally agree!!! Know of any other great places??

    Have a great weekend as well and see you on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete